Let Sleeping Dogs Lie





I READ the following story on the internet but no one is named and no address given so I'm not sure whether it's true or not. Even so, it's a very sweet little anecdote. Just take it with a pinch of salt. I've called the man Joe.

 EVERY afternoon a dog comes to  Joe's home, finds a quiet corner and goes to sleep for an hour. When he's had his nap he gets up and goes.

Joe first met the dog when it wandered into his yard.  The golden retriever was very friendly and followed him inside the house.

Joe was sure the dog must have an owner because he was well cared for and was wearing a collar. Curious to know his story, Joe attached a note to the collar which read:  “I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day the dog returned with a reply pinned to his collar. It said:  "He lives in a home with six children, two under the age of three and he’s trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?”

Comments