Little Dog With A Big Heart


Zoey may only be a tiny chihuahua but she is big on bravery.

She came to the rescue when a rattlesnake lunged at one-year-old Booker West in Masonville, Colorada.

Booker was splashing his hands in a birdbath in his grandparents’ northern Colorado back yard when the snake slithered up to the toddler, rattled and pulled back ready to strike. Five-pound Zoey jumped between Booker and the snake to protect him. The snake bit her instead.

“She got in between Booker and the snake, and that’s when I heard her yipe,” said Monty Long, the boy’s grandfather.

Zoey was at death's door for a while but, after treatment, managed to pull through.
Zoey is pictured above with Booker and his grandparents.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Zoey sure is a star. Booker could well have been killed by that rattler. I love reading your doggie stories. I have a little terrier who is sometimes a little terror!!
Louise Frank said…
I've just spotted your blog after linking from Around My Kitchen Table. I must admit I'm a sucker for stories about animals and look forward to reading more.